Find a range of funding opportunities to support University of Illinois Cancer Center members’ cancer research.
Internal Funding Opportunities
2022 Pilot Project Program Request for Applications
The University of Illinois Cancer Center Pilot Project Program offers funding for projects proposed by its members to encourage new collaborative cancer research projects. The purpose of these pilot project grants is to stimulate new inter-programmatic research initiatives that lead to competitive grant applications to external peer-reviewed funding organizations.
Special emphasis for this request for applications:
- Project development for a new multi-PI grant submission to NCI
- Project development for an NCI program project grant (include a plan to evolve this pilot into a program project grant)
- Cancer health disparities focused research
- Projects relevant to the Cancer Center’s catchment area
For data/information related to the catchment area, please contact Margaret Wright at email@example.com
- Most highly desirable topics include:
- Cancer Center catchment area focused projects, related to specific neighborhoods (such as: East Garfield Park, West Garfield Park, North Lawndale, Lower West Side, South Lawndale, New City, Fuller Park, Douglas and Austin)
- Intersection of microbiome and cancer (food insecurity, nutrition, diet, impact on immunotherapy, etc.)
- Liver disease/hepatocellular cancer
Cancer Center Pilot Project awards are for up to $50,000 for a one-year project period. In cases of exceptional progress, a second year of support may be considered.
The deadline for submitting a completed Letter of Intent is Thursday, February 10, 2022.
The deadline for those submitting a Full Application is Monday, March 21, 2022.
The earliest start date will be May 1, 2022. Projects are awarded for a one-year period.
For more information, please contact Farah Mirza at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Community Outreach and Engagement Seed Grants
To eliminate the burden of cancer comprehensively and effectively, we must engage patient and community stakeholders in basic, translational, and population health sciences. This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) actualizes this commitment at the University of Illinois Cancer Center by providing resources to enhance the breadth and scope of community-engaged research for members and associate members across the different research programs. Pilot projects will result in outstanding, state-of-the-art research initiatives that enhance scientific advances through collaborations with patient and community stakeholders.
- Applications will enable University of Illinois Cancer Center members to use Community Outreach and Engagement resources for achieving the aims of their research programs.
- Applicants are not required to have existing partnerships with patients and communities.
- Applications can include ancillary projects that build from funded and ongoing research.
- 1-3 applications per research program will be awarded $5,000-$15,000.
- Applications are brief: 1 page narrative, biosketches and budget justification.
Applications are due February 10, 2022, and will be reviewed quickly. The earliest projected start date is February 28, 2022.
Applicants should apply to one of the following FOAs based on their programmatic affiliation.
- 2022 Community Outreach and Engagement Seed Grants for Cancer Biology
- 2022 Community Outreach and Engagement Seed Grants for Cancer Prevention and Control
- 2022 Community Outreach and Engagement Seed Grants for Translational Oncology
External Funding Opportunities
Funding Opportunities from Pivot-RP
Pivot is a searchable database of external funding opportunities from federal, non-federal, and international sponsors in all disciplines. Below is a curated search based on the keyword “cancer”.
In addition, University of Illinois Cancer Center members and faculty can create user profiles to set up customized searches with e-mail alerts about new opportunities that match your search criteria.
Clicking on a specific listing will require you to log into Pivot-RP. If you have questions about Pivot-RP or are having trouble logging in, email email@example.com.
Funding Opportunities from Grants.gov
View more at Grants.gov.