We partner with the University of Illinois Chicago, a designated minority-serving institution, along with UI Health and Mile Square Health Center, a group of 14 federally qualified health centers (FQHCs) to leverage our diverse group of researchers, clinicians and patients to create equitable access to advances in cancer screening, prevention and treatment.
Community Advisory Board
The Community Advisory Board (CAB) assures that community voices drive our research, scientific outreach, and advocacy in practice and policy. The CAB represents 7 internal and external stakeholders, including regional American Cancer Society affiliates. The CAB advises the I-CHER Center on the research (including pilot projects), implementation and dissemination strategies to communities, practitioners, and policymakers. The Chair of the CAB also serves in the Administrative Core.
Elizabeth Rivera, Chair
Cancer Survivor and Patient Advocate
Joanne Glenn, Vice Chair
Founder, President, & CEO of Women On Top of their Game (WOT) Foundation
Community Advisory Board Members
- Ian Jasenof, MD – Chief Medical Officer, Mile Square Health Center
- Charles Walton, MBA – Executive Director, 100 Black Men of Chicago, Inc.
- Candace Henley, MPH – Founder and Chief Surviving Officer of Blue Hat Foundation
- Karen Sharer, MPH – Senior Manager, Cancer Support Strategic Partnerships, American Cancer Society
- Representative Marcus Evans – IL State Representative, District 33
- Tiffany Holmes – Grassroots Manager, American Cancer Society Cancer Action Network