“We aim to provide high-quality, personalized care to patients who suffer at the intersection of systemic marginalization and heightened biological risk.”
Jan Kitajewski, PhD Center Principle Investigator
The Administrative Core oversees I-CHER Center to track, evaluate, and ensure:
- Timely completion of objectives and goals for projects and the overall center
- Equitable community-clinical-academic partnerships across research projects and cores
- Scientific and organizational consistency across research projects and cores for multilevel solutions to social determinants of health
- Access to institutional and cancer center infrastructure (biostatistics, bioinformatics, epidemiology, clinical trials)
- The I-CHER Center website’s knowledge transfer, scientific outreach, and promotion of pilot opportunities
Jan Kitajewski, PhD
Ahlam Al-Kodmany, PhD
Aileen Shen, MPH
Elizabeth “Lisi” Rivera
Investigator Development Core
The I-CHER Center Investigator Development Core (IDC) is co-led by Marian Fitzgibbon, PhD, and VK Gadi, MD, PhD, who have mentored and sponsored multiple ethnic minority postdocs, clinical fellows, and early career faculty for more than 25 years. They have led robust structured training programs.
The goal of the IDC core is to:
- Strengthen the pipeline of interdisciplinary Early Career Faculty (>= 40% minority) focused on cancer health equity research to improve health and eliminate cancer health disparities.
- Implement a pilot project mechanism to strengthen institutional and investigators’ capacity to address social and structural determinants via multi-level, solution-based cancer research with marginalized communities.
- Provide structured career development opportunities to Project PIs, Postdocs, and Pilot awardees.