The Pew-Stewart Scholars for Cancer Research supports assistant professors of outstanding promise in science relevant to the advancement of a cure for cancer. The award provides $300,000 in flexible support—$75,000 per year for a four-year period. For the 2024 award, one nomination will be invited from each of the participating institutions.
In line with The Alexander and Margaret Stewart Trust’s mission to invest in innovative, cutting-edge cancer research that may accelerate and advance progress toward a cure for cancer, applications are invited from nominees conducting cancer research. This program is distinct from the Pew Scholars Program, and it follows a different, but parallel set of guidelines and procedures for nominating an applicant whose research is related to cancer.
This is a limited submission opportunity and Pew-Stewart Scholars for Cancer Research will allow only one applicant from the institution. Please review the guidelines at https://www.pewtrusts.org/Pew-Stewart Scholars , and if you are interested in being the Cancer Center nominee, please submit the following information in a single PDF to Farah Mirza at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, May 15, 2023:
- Title page – Include title of the project and name(s), project role(s), title(s), department(s) of applicant and any other key personnel
- 2-page description of your research proposal including specific aims, novelty, methodology etc.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Support from the Department Chair
- Hold a doctorate in biomedical sciences, medicine, or a related field.
- Must not have been appointed as an assistant professor at any institution prior to June 12, 2019, whether or not such an appointment was on a tenure track. (Appointments such as research assistant professor, adjunct assistant professor, assistant professor research track, visiting professor, or instructor are not eligible.)
- Time spent in clinical internships, residencies, in work toward board certification, or on parental leave does not count as part of this four-year limit. Candidates who need an exception on the four-year limit should contact Pew’s program office to ensure that application reviewers are aware an exception has been given.
- Please note that the eligibility criteria above have been temporarily expanded to account for COVID-related lab shutdowns. Please direct any questions to the program office at Pew-Stewart@pewtrusts.org.
- May apply to the program a maximum of two times. All applicants must be nominated by their institution and must complete the 2024 online application.
- If applicants have appointments at more than one eligible nominating institution or affiliate, they may not reapply in a subsequent year from a different nominating entity.
- May not be nominated for the Pew Scholars Program and the Pew-Stewart Scholars Program for Cancer Research in the same year.
Please carefully review program details at: https://www.pewtrusts.org/Pew-Stewart Scholars
If selected as the Cancer Center Nominee, you will be required to submit the full application to Pew-Stewart Scholars for Cancer Research by August 31, 2023.
For any questions, please contact Farah Mirza at: email@example.com.