The Damon Runyon Cancer Research Foundation is inviting applications for the Damon Runyon Clinical Investigator Award. The award supports independent young physician-scientists conducting disease-oriented research that demonstrates a high level of innovation and creativity. The goal is to support the best young physician-scientists doing work aimed at improving the practice of cancer medicine.
The awardee will receive $200,000 per year for three years. The Foundation will also retire up to $100,000 of any medical school debt still owed by the awardee.
Application deadline is February 1, 2021.
- The applicant must have received an MD, DO, or MD/PhD degree(s) and be within the first five (5) years of their initial full faculty appointment (Cut-off date: July 1, 2016). Adjunct or acting positions are not eligible.
- Candidates holding or awarded R01s at the time of application are not eligible to apply.
- The applicant is required to apply in conjunction with a Mentor who is established in the field of clinical translational cancer research, cancer prevention and/or epidemiology and can provide the critical guidance needed during the period of the award.
- Only one application will be accepted from a Mentor per review session (including Co-Mentors).
Five (5) nominations per institution will be accepted. Please carefully review the guidelines and eligibility criteria at https://www.damonrunyon.org/for-scientists/application-guidelines/clinical-investigator.
To be considered for nomination, please send the following information to Farah Mirza at email@example.com in a single PDF by December 5, 2020.
- Title page (Applicant and Mentor’s name, title and department.)
- Title and 2-page description of your research proposal including specific aims.
- Applicant’s current NIH format biosketch or CV
- Mentor’s current NIH format biosketch or CV
All nominees will be required to submit the full application to Damon Runyon Cancer Research Foundation by February 1, 2021.